Finally the vet was able to make it tonight, although he was nearly 3 hours ahead of schedule this time. By the time I made it to the barn, he had already begun his examination. Which although I realize he had to get started, I was sad about because I like to be there for everything, I'm not always so good about simply hearing information, I want to see it. Show me the problem, let me feel the muscle/bone/cut/problem.
Anyway, he looked marginally better on the lunge, but was still off in the right front. The vet gives me two options:
- Option A: Give him some more time and see what happens since he seems to be getting better.
- Option B: Start Blocking the foot and leg and see what we come up with.
Block 1: The heel and parts of the hoof. Lunge, no change.
Block 2: The coffin joint. Lunge, no change.
Block 3:The fetlock. Lunge, teensy change for the better.