Monday, May 31, 2010

Bastian 3 Vet 0

Well, the vet did not show up yet again on Thursday.  There was another emergency.  I might have been able to handle that information if the vet had felt that it would be good customer service to call and inform me that he was either going to be late again or he needed to reschedule.  The fact that I had to contact him 2 hours and 15 minutes after my appointment time to see if he was till coming or not is NOT good customer service. 

Not only that but to have emergencies three appointments in a row?  It may be legit, but something doesn't seem right to me.  My theory is that I wasn't a big enough $$$ client to really matter to him.  Which in the words of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman:  "Big Mistake.  Huge."

So now I have an appointment at Cleveland Equine Specialty with Dr. Genovese (no idea how to actually spell his name), the Dr. House of Equine Lameness.  I'm hoping that he'll ultrasound and x-ray and say "Well your problem was ___________, but because of the length of time he's been off and the extraordinary care you've given it is mostly healed and he can start back into work..."  Wishful thinking I know, but a girls gotta hope. 

In the meantime, here is Bastian's opinion on his whole lameness induced vacation:


 
I've continued to ride him at the walk and he's doing well.  I figure by the end of this I had better be scoring 9s and 10s on my working walk, free walk and halts since I am spending 25 minutes a day mastering them.  LOL
 
On a pretty much nothing to do with my horse note:  I'm getting a puppy on Monday.  I reserved a puppy this past December and have been waiting oh so patiently for her to be born and grow  up enough so I can bring her home.  So on Monday I travel to Columbus OH to pick her up.  Meet Magnus D. Doodle, a cream labradoodle pup:
 
♥♥♥♥
So cute!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for getting a new vet!! Good luck with your appointment! I'll say big prayers! :)

    Can't wait to meet the puppppppppppyyyyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete